New Diesel Drag Truck to Race at Spokane Raceway Park
Diesel Power Products is proud to announce that our latest project, a 1994 12 Valve Cummins short box regular cab drag truck, will be racing at Spokane Raceway Park.
The truck, which was originally built by Darin Honodel with the help of Bill Fletcher from Diesel Pros in Stanwood, WA and Jason Burton from NorthWest Customs in Spokane, is an awesome cross between a diesel truck and a street-able muscle car. It has a best run of 10.2 seconds and a fastest run of 133 mph.
Some of the truck’s original build items include:
- Industrial Injection Phat Shaft 66 over Big Brother twin turbos
- ATS exhaust manifold
- ATS full billet Stage 6 transmission with Five Star Torque Converter
- Custom P7100 injection pump from Diesel Pros being fed by 2 Mallory 150 fuel pumps
- Mahle 30 over pistons shaved to drop compression to 14.68:1, 14mm head studs
- Custom Diesel Pros valve springs and Nitrous Express progressive nitrous system
We have also upgraded the interior to include: a custom dash with 9 Autometer Sport Comp Ultralight gauges monitoring all possible parameters, Scat Pro Car racing seats with 5 point harnesses, an amazing stereo system, and a B&M ratchet shifter.
We expect to have this truck seeing some intense action next year in the NHRDA Race Series. In the meantime, watch for it to hit Spokane Raceway Park by the end of July!